I have been told the following quotes recently after people finding out I’m on disability:
1. “You’re so lazy, you don’t do anything all day.”
2. “You’re so lucky to not have to work.”
3. “Man, I wish I had your problem.”
I hear these on a regular basis. I suffer from debilitating chronic pain as well as a handful of mental health issues, and I can honestly say I am not lucky or lazy. In fact these words are quite hurtful. So to those who said these comments, please take this into consideration: ( Donate Cars in MA )
1. I can’t work because I am always in pain. If it felt like someone was stabbing you in the abdomen every two seconds, would you?
2. I am not lazy. I physically cannot move. Yep, that means I can hardly even walk two steps without crying some days.
3. My day revolves around medication, doctor visits, and even finding the strength to get out of bed. Please tell me how you would want this. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
4. I miss working and socializing. This is not fun. I miss being a “productive” member of society and doing what I love.